Active Transportation Scholarship
What is Ground Control Systems?
Ground Control Systems™ is a leading design, engineering, and distribution company of world-class bicycle, skateboard, scooter, snowboard, and ski parking.
About the Scholarship
Ground Control Systems understands that as a student, transit is important. Whether it’s getting to class, the dorms, or a sporting event, there is always a need to get from one place to another.
Students need transportation that is efficient and reliable, getting them from one location to another quickly, never slowing down their fast-paced day. For many college students, active transportation serves as that method.
Active transportation provides a series of benefits that not only cater to the rider, but to the rest of the community as well. Choosing to ride a bike or skateboard can alleviate parking congestion on campus; is cost-effective; addresses sustainability and environmental concerns, all while encouraging effective, healthy, and safe lifestyle choices for students, faculty, and staff.
The Ground Control Systems Scholarship for Active Transportation was created to support college students that leave their cars at home, and help make a difference by using alternative forms of transportation to get around.
This is where you come in!
In the form of a 750-word essay or a 1-2 minute video, create an original piece that talks about 3 things your school can do to increase ridership of active transportation on campus.
Undergraduate and Graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a GPA of 2.5 or higher are strongly encouraged to apply.
The winner will receive a $1000 scholarship towards their education. The winning submission will be published on the Ground Control Systems website as well!
Please email your essay or video along with your identity documents to Scholarship@Groundcontrolsystems.com with the subject line “Active Transportation Scholarship 2018”.
The application deadline is June 1st, 2018
What to Do!
- If your content is a video, share it on your social media, tagging Ground Control Systems in your post.
- Submit original content only. Nothing you have borrowed, sampled or cited can be used.
- Get creative, think outside the box when you create your piece.
What not to do!
- Do not apply if you are not a college student, or currently enrolled in a college or university.
- If you are not currently enrolled in a college or university, you are not eligible to apply.
- Do not submit your materials after the deadline.
- Any submissions sent after the marked deadline will not be accepted.
- Do not submit multiple applications.
- Each applicant is only allowed to submit one piece of content. Either one essay, or one video, you cannot submit both.
- Do not use the content of this application for other scholarships or projects.
- The content you use for this scholarship may not be published for other purposes. The sole use should only be for this scholarship.